This position is no longer available!
Brno, Czech Republic
Business Development Manager
We are open to welcome a new colleague in the management team of the start-up company, who will help us to market our products.
We develop and manufacture state-of-the-art technologies in the field of light microscopy. These are unique devices with a wide application in the life sciences – research in areas such as biology, biochemistry, biomedicine.
If you become a new team member, you will in particular
- Monitor trends in the development and applications of light microscopes and related products
- Gather information about the market of light microscopes and products related to our focus
- Cultivate existing and create new contacts with leading research institutes in our field, both in the field of instrument design and in the field of applications of these instruments
- Participate in creating the company’s growth strategy
- Based on information on trends and the market, submit proposals to the company’s management for the inclusion of new projects in development (in cooperation with the marketing, sales, and R&D departments)
- Create a controlled product development process based on market trends and needs, its launch, other ongoing innovations, until the end of production of the product (Product Marketing Management).
- Contribute to the “merging” of hitherto independent subsidiaries into one group with a common goal, vision, and corporate values, to the use of synergies and unification of the components used
- Seek suitable entities for further acquisitions so that they are complementary to the existing entities of the group and also in accordance with the development plans of the group
- Maintain the reputation of the Telight brand, contribute to the growth of its importance in the field of light microscopy and related areas
- Participate in solving crisis situations that may occur in the development, production, sales, and service of our products
To handle this position, you will need:
- Min. Bc. education – optimally biomedical engineering, biomedicine, biology, etc. related fields of “living sciences” (or technical fields with several years of experience in life science)
- 5 years of experience in B2B, B2G, ideally in the field of scientific, medical, etc. devices
- Several years of experience in managing business or project programs with successful results
- Fluent English
- Understanding of business functions
- Very good written and oral communication skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to understand the needs of clients based on a broad understanding of the field
- Be recognized internally and externally as an expert
- Knowledge of operational and strategic management
- Above-average communication and negotiation skills
Knowledge in the field of microelectronics and mechanics and production processes, which are a great advantage, will definitely come in handy
- Team support (currently up to 20 members – in Brno and Paris)
- Flexible working hours (fixed core 9:30 – 14:30)
- Possibility of occasional work from home
- 25 days holiday
- 2 sick days
- Meal vouchers
Are you a good fit? Let us know at email@example.com!